25 aprile 2017

OUSA Annual Convention 2017 - 03 - Distractions

OUSA Annual Convention 2017 - 03 - "Distractions"

April 25 is one of the most important national holidays of the Italian Republic: the Anniversary of the Liberation from nazi-fascism. The company I work for stated a day off on 24 April, so from 22 to 25 I had the opportunity to spend four days in a row at home. At a first appearance it seemed a great opportunity to dedicate myself totally to fold models to display at the convention. Instead distractions have come.
  • On Friday night I had a date with my Inspirational Muse, an indispensable aesthetic and ecstatic refill after a stressful week at work, and, honestly, I was missing him.
  • On Saturday morning there was shopping, fresh fruits and vegetables for the week from the local market, Saturday afternoon there was the Musashi Fight Club, unmissable; Saturday night there was the party with the Pastafarian Pirates of Turin, unmissable too.
  • On Sunday I did the laundry, I watered the plants, I phoned my mom while tiding my home making the work table free of stuff at least partially , then I folded for a few hours before going out with a friend I had not seen since a long time.
  • This morning I had to go to the doctor for some exams, at noon I had a lunch appointment with another friend I did not see since a long time, and in the evening there was the organizational meeting with the Pastafarian Pirates of Turin, for the next month events. My menses begun and I had headache during all the day.
One thing, however, is certain: you can not live by distraction alone, to achieve something concrete, such as folding models ina decent way, you need to reach an adequate state of concentration. I've one day of holiady left, I'll refuse invitations, I'll not participate to the Liberation parade in the city centre, I'll silence the phone and I will start to repeate from now on:

"I'm one with the Paper and the Paper is with me.
I'm one with the Paper and the Paper is with me.
I'm one with the Paper and the Paper is with me."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OUSA Convegno Annuale 2017 - 03 - "Distrazioni"

Il 25 aprile è una delle più importanti ricorrenze della Repubblica Italiana: la Festa di Liberazione dal nazifascismo. L'azienda per cui lavoro ha concordato di chiudere il 24 aprile, per cui dal 22 al 25 ho avuto l'opportunità di trascorrere quattro giorno di fila a casa.

A prima apparenza sembrava un'ottima occasione per dedicarmi totalmente a piegare dei modelli da mettere in mostra al convegno. Invece sono arrivate le distrazioni.
  • Venerdì sera avevo un appuntamento con il mio Muso Ispiratore, un'indispensabile ricarica estetica ed estatica dopo una stressante settimana di lavoro ed a dirla tutta onestamente, mi mancava.
  • Sabato mattina c'era da fare la spesa, frutta e verdura fresche dal mercato locale, sabato pomeriggio c'era il Musashi Fight Club, imperdibile; sabato sera c'era la festa con i Pirati Pastafariani di Torino, imperdibile anche questa.
  • Domenica ho fatto il bucato, ho annaffiato le piante, ho telefonato a mia mamma mentre riordinavo casa e sgombravo almeno parzialmente il tavolo da lavoro, poi ho piegato per qualche ora prima di uscire con un'amica che non vedevo da tanto tempo.
  • Questa mattina avevo una visita dal medico, a pranzo un appuntamento con un'altra amica che non vedevo da un sacco di tempo ed alla sera c'era la riunione organizzativa dei Pirati Pastafariani di Torino per gli eventi del prossimo mese. Mi è cominciato il ciclo ed ho avuto mal di testa tutto il giorno.
Una cosa comunque è sicura: di sola distrazione non si può vivere, per arrivare a realizzare qualcosa di concreto, come ad esempio piegare dei modelli in modo decente, bisogna raggiungere un adeguato stato di concentrazione.

Mi resta un giorno di festa, schiverò gli inviti, diserterò il corteo del 25 aprile in centro a Torino, silenzierò il telefono e fin da questa sera mi ripeterò: 

"Io sono tutt'uno con la Carta e la Carta è con me.
Io sono tutt'uno con la Carta e la Carta è con me.
Io sono tutt'uno con la Carta e la Carta è con me."




Nessun commento:

Posta un commento